We are unique in the following major ways:
- The Willows is a residential senior housing community for students of Christian Science. We are not a nursing facility nor an assisted living institution. We are a safe, vibrant, home for active, independent Christian Scientists. Each of us has our own private ground-floor home. These apartments are not in a large building with rooms off of a hall. They are private apartment homes with individual front doors that open up onto a 20 acre campus. There are over 130 residents living on our campus with a shared understanding of God’s great love as the bedrock of interactions in the community.
- The Willows is an active community where people care for each other, but we are not a care facility. This is a planned senior residential housing community, not an outgrowth of a Christian Science nursing facility. This distinction, important and subtle, informs our programing, events, activities, and services.
- We offer private villas with their own separate entrances where you can find the independence to live an individual life. Participation in the many activities, performances and events is up to you.
- The Willows is located in southern California – a region alive with cultural, recreational and entertainment venues. Nearby colleges offer an array of courses and programs, as well.
Watch this short video to get an idea of some of the events here at The Willows…
You can also learn about our major upcoming events by clicking here.
Below are just some of the amenities found at The Willows.
- A gated, private and peaceful community
- Twenty acres with a manicured park-like setting
- 152 ground-level villas with patios
- Guest Houses for visiting friends and family
- Covered parking with storage
- Auditorium and stage for meetings and events
- An award-winning formal dining room
- Wood shop and Craft work room
- Our beautiful, sunny Garden Room for activities and hobbies
- Study Center and Library – open 24 hours
- Swimming pool, ping pong, horseshoe pit
- Routine bus service to shopping, theaters, churches, and more
- Close proximity to many cultural venues, theme parks, tennis courts, golf courses, colleges, community centers and beaches
The Willows is located in Laguna Hills, CA – very close to the Orange County airport (SNA/John Wayne).
Below are links to maps that show the proximity to locations that may be of interest to you.