There are several options for getting around at The Willows:
1. Using your own car. Street parking is open parking and there are covered parking stalls that residents may rent.
2. The Willows’ Buses. We have four buses that go to the local Christian Science churches on Sundays and Wednesdays. Through the week, these buses also go on shopping trips to local area malls, banks and stores. Please see our Bus Schedule for specific timings. There is no charge for this bus service.
3. Laguna Hills offers discounted taxi fare. This wonderful program will take you to local stops at your convenience for just $5. For more information, please visit their website: Senior Dial-A-Taxi program.
4. Local bus service. Not far outside our front gate is an Orange County bus stop for route 188. It is on San Remo just between Santa Maria and Rimini Streets. This bus will get you into the complete Orange County transportation system. From this Google link you will be able to plan a trip using public transportation from this bus stop. Click to see Orange County’s system map. Click to see Route 188. You can also see the next three scheduled stops at this location by texting “bus 3960 188” to 628246.
5. And of course, you could ask a neighbor for a ride or offer to shuttle now and then. That’s what neighbors do!
If you have any further questions, please contact Jan Hawkes, our Transportation Manager, at email@example.com.