After our Friday lunch in the Garden Room, Administrator Doug Mayer shared updates and information with residents. Doug began by introducing new resident Marilyn Coe. Below are some other highlights:
- Carol Dorr brought enthusiasm to her announcements about various activities coming up, including our “Back to School” dinner and dancing that evening. Another dinner affair is slated for early October, being billed as the “Wurst Dinner Ever” party. A chili cook-off will highlight the evening along with authentic bratwurst sandwiches.
- Outside work will soon begin in two areas: Concrete preparation and pouring will take place in four areas, including the sidewalk down the slope from the front entrance to the dining room. At our pool, the current vegetation is being removed and new chain link fencing will be installed. The new fence will be enhanced with a mesh privacy screen to keep a sense of privacy for swimmers and sun bathers.
- Our maintenance crew continues its circumnavigation of the campus to update each Villa with furnace filter replacements and batteries for smoke detectors. They are also evaluating our fire control and water flow sensors.
- Our Handicap-Accessible bathrooms are now open and functioning. These facilities will remain unlocked at all times, and have motion-detection switches for lights. The motion sensors are set for approximately 15 minutes, so just wave your hands if the lights go out too soon!
- To further the marketing and development program efforts, Inge Hardi will be traveling to the NewJersey/Connecticut area in October. Feel free to share a flier with friends and family in the area — click here to open and print the flier.